Ohsweken Speedway would like to congratulate the Rochester Knighthawks National Lacrosse League team on their third straight championship!


For more information on the Rochester Knighthawks visit

(May 31, 2014)… History was made at The Blue Cross Arena Saturday night as the Rochester Knighthawks became the first team in National Lacrosse League History to win the Champion’s Cup three seasons in a row after defeating the Calgary Roughnecks in Game Two and the 10-minute mini-game.

Dan Dawson had seven points in the game (3+4), while Cody Jamieson had a six-point (3+3) night.  Joe Walters (1+4), Paul Dawson (1+0), Scott Self (1+0), Craig Point (1+2), Cory Vitarelli (2+1), Stephen Keogh (3+1), and Jon Sullivan (1+0) all contributed to scoring.

Matt Vinc made 36 saves in Game Two and added seven saves in the mini-game.

It was a tight first quarter as the frame ended in a 3-3 tie. Calgary got on the board with two early goals before Jamieson shut them down to give the Knighthawks their first goal 2:20 into the game. One more by the Roughnecks was followed by two Knighthawks goals, one from Keogh and the other from Dawson, who trickled one past Calgary goalie Mike Poulin.

Walters gave Rochester its first lead of the night 2:32 into the second frame, but a three-goal run from Calgary left the Knighthawks trailing 6-4 with 9:54 left in the first half of play. The Knighthawks then got to work, going on a three-goal run of their own. Keogh ripped one past Poulin to cut the deficit to just one goal. Vitarelli scored the game-tying goal followed by Jamieson, who backed up to the post and shot around his defender to score his second of the night and give the Knighthawks the lead going into the second half of Game Two.

A beautiful behind-the-back goal from Vitarelli 2:23 into the third put the Knighthawks up by two, but they weren’t done quite yet. Paul Dawson scored his third goal of the season on the break away to make the score 9-6. The Roughnecks shortly relieved Poulin of his duties, placing Frankie Scigliano in net for a 40 second stint. Scott Self scored a shorthanded goal to finish off the Knighthawks run and give them a 10-6 lead before Calgary went on a run to cut the deficit to just one goal going into the final quarter of Game Two.

The Knighthawks came out firing in the fourth quarter, scoring six goals on twelve shots. Dawson scored his second of the game just over a minute into the fourth quarter. Hat trick goals from Jamieson and Dawson put the Knighthawks up 14-9. Point scored his first of the game to finish off a four-goal Knighthawks run. Keogh put up his hat trick goal with an amazing behind-the-back shot off of a feed from Jamieson to give the Knighthawks a solid five-goal lead. Jon Sullivan slotted one more in transition to finish off Game Two with a solid 16-10 win for the Knighthawks, sending the teams into the 10-minute mini-game.

Calgary struck twice in the mini game before Point put one back to bring the Knighthawks within one. Rochester native Joe Walters scored the game tying goal less than a minute later. It was Point who trickled one in that gave the Knighthawks the lead that brought them to the end of the mini game with a 3-2 lead. Knighthawks goalie Matt Vinc preserved the game for Rochester, making a huge save in the final seconds of the mini-game to keep the Knighthawks’ one-goal lead and allow them to bring home the championship for the three-peat.

For more information on the Rochester Knighthawks visit